What Should You Do If You’ve Been In A Car Accident And Your Property Has Been Damaged?

Personal injury is usually the most severe issue after a severe car accident. Personal safety takes precedence over all other consequences of an accident, and you should consult medical professionals and a skilled personal injury lawyer first. But if you weren’t hurt and if the incident caused only your vehicle to suffer catastrophic damage or if a car slammed into your house as a result of the collision, you may wonder if you should still consult an injury lawyer.

It’s critical to double-check that you’re physically uninjured. It’s possible that you incurred injuries that were not immediately evident to the naked eye if you were in or around the damaged property. After any accident, whether severe or minor, it’s critical to have a thorough examination because some injuries, whiplash, concussions, internal bleeding, and many others can go unrecognized or take a few days to exhibit symptoms.

Collision Coverage For The Driver: 

The guilty driver’s collision coverage should cover the damage up to her policy limits.

Your Protection: 

Your auto or property insurance should cover any expenses that the liable driver’s insurance does not cover. However, you won’t be allowed to overlap coverage, which means you’ll have to exhaust the other driver’s policy before relying on your own to pay your losses. When other property, such as your house, fence, barns, or garages, is destroyed in an accident, the situation becomes more complicated.

Coverage For Drivers: 

The auto coverage of the liable driver should cover property damage up to a specific level. This could be sufficient for modest repairs.

Your Insurance Policy: 

Severe property damage that exceeds the driver’s coverage limitations may necessitate seeking coverage from your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy beyond what the driver’s property damage policy covers.

Older communities may have structures closer to the road than newer developments, making them more vulnerable to car accidents that cause significant damage to their homes, vehicles in their drives, or other property. If this happens to you and you need sound legal counsel on your choices, you should consult with an expert law firm such as Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP here at https://www.frplegal.com/.